Monday, January 19, 2015

Principle I Would Keep

I think everyone should unplug for at least 20 minutes a day. Even just leaving your phone in another room and reading a book or talking to your friends is enough. I don't really keep this principle up very well but I think I would benefit from it if I did. Personally, when I'm on my phone too much I get distracted and it makes me feel worse about myself because I just go look at other people's lives. In class I don't use my phone but I don't think that would count because I am still surrounded by technology and in a setting where I am thinking about it. The only true way to get away from technology is to completely cut yourself off from it for a little while, and I think everyone would be just a little happier and a little healthier if they did.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is important to unplug, not only from technology but also from reality once in a while (if that makes any sense). However, I also think that this principle is not realistic in all cases because if, for example, the man and the boy were to "unplug" (not technology wise but more just unplug from their surroundings and relax) that they would be in great danger. It is imperative for their survival that they constantly be aware of where they are and what surrounds them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only twenty minutes? I'm on my phone reading most of the time but I dont depend on it so much.

    ReplyDelete