Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am a freshman at Whitney Young. I am from Chicago, and live with both of my parents, my younger brother and my two dogs, Zack and Sugar. We also have a hermit crab called Hermie. My favorite things to do are sing, act and dance. I've been in Carmen at the Lyric Opera and I sang in Carmina Burana with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. We also performed that at Carnegie Hall in New York. Speaking of, I want to move to New York as soon as possible; my dream school is NYU. I want to get my degree in either theatre or musical theatre, but I also have a passion for travelling. A couple years ago I went to Italy for a month with my family and that is when I realized how much I want to see the world and experience different cultures. In my free time, I love to look at travel blogs and to find interesting spots in far off places. Even though I want to go everywhere, my favorite place is still New York City. Something about the hustle and bustle is so enticing. But for now, Chicago is my home, and it will always be important for me, especially considering that my brother is 8 years younger than me, so I'll have to come back and visit often even after I leave. Other than the arts, I enjoy playing volleyball and soccer. This year, I hope to improve my non-fiction writing and read more for fun!

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to add that Redman has odd ears as she has stated that app ear pods are uncomfortable...... I know its insane

    ReplyDelete